Alaska Highlights Tour
4-Day Tour from Seward Whittier or Anchorage
- Visit Kenai Fjords in Seward.
- Visit Denali National Park and see the Alaska Range & Denali form the air.
- Enjoy Lunch next to a picturesque lake.
- Photo Opportunities along the way with stops at Beluga Point and Anchorage Coastal Wildlife Refuge.
- Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center.
- Enjoy Wide-Open Panoramic vistas.
Trip Itinerary - 4 Days
Arrive in Seward, Whittier or Anchorage and transfer to our vehicle to begin your Alaskan adventure. We begin your tour upon arrival into Anchorage, Whittier or Seward. On this tour, we will visit Kenai Fjords and Denali National Parks. We will travel along the Seward Highway, considered to be America’s most beautiful and scenic road, crossing mountain passes and majestic valleys. Along the way we will try to spot moose, caribou, eagles and other wildlife. We will make a lunch stop at Summit Lake Lodge, one of our favorite. On our way towards Anchorage, we will make a couple of stops for photo opportunities at Beluga Point and Bird Point.
We will visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. The Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center opened to the public in 1993. It is located on 140 acres at the southern edge of Turnagain Arm and the entrance to Portage Valley. The center’s mission is to provide care and rehabilitation for injured and orphaned wildlife and to provide wildlife education and awareness. Animals that are unable to be released or survive in the wild are given refuge in the center's spacious habitats. Here people can safely get close, observe and photograph some of Alaska's largest land animals, including moose, bison, elk, deer, caribou, bears muskox, small mammals and birds of prey. During spring and summer, visitors can often witness the rehabilitation of orphaned baby animals of various species.
We will also visit the historic town of Talkeetna which dates back to the 1900's.
Allow up to 8 hours round trip from Seward for this tour. This tour ends in Anchorage. This tour also operates in reverse.
- Arrive in Anchorage, Whittier or Seward. Cruises usually arrive very early in the morning. We pick up in port at 8:00am at the ports.
- Depart Whittier at 8am (must be on time so that we can make the 8am shuttle otherwise we will miss the cruise) and travel to Kenai Fjords (Seward Alaska)
- Sight-see Kenai Fjords National Park on-board a sightseeing vessel. (Vessel departs at 11:30am and returns at 5:30pm)
- Travel back to Anchorage on the Alaska Railroad Gold-Star Service (Dome Car) Dinner on the train. Arrive in Anchorage at 10:15pm.
- Overnight in Anchorage.
- Lunch and Dinner are included as part of this tour on this day.
- Depart Anchorage this morning.
- Visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center.
- Lunch in Wasilla (included as part of your tour)
- Arrive in Talkeetna mid afternoon.
- Scenic Flight around the Alaska Range & Denali (weather permitting)
- Overnight in Talkeetna.
- Talkeetna Historic Homestead Tour this morning.
- Dinner on your own in Talkeetna before heading back to Anchorage.
- Last Day (if in Anchorage) Depending on your departure time, you can do a lot of different activities such as: bike the coastal trail; visit Flat Top Mountain; visit the Anchorage Museum; shop around Anchorage; go to the Anchorage Saturday/Sunday Market (just to name a few) Depart Anchorage.
~ Actual tour itinerary will be based on your arrival city or port of entry and adjusted accordingly ~
ABOUT THIS TOUR: Adventure travel is exactly is as its name implies, an adventure! Although every attempt is made to adhere to these itineraries, participants need to acknowledge and willingly accept the unexpected route and itinerary changes due to factors beyond our control. Please keep in mind that due to Alaska’s extreme and fast climate changes, we cannot guarantee a glacier landing on our Talkeetna portion of this trip.
WHAT IS INCLUDED & WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Transportation, lodging, transfers and baggage handling and meals as indicated on the itinerary. All rates are per person in U.S. dollars based on shared occupancy. Tour does not include Alaska taxes, air transportation to and from Anchorage or any optional tours, liquor, items of personal nature or purchases made on-board the vessels.
ACTIVITY LEVEL: EASY Guests should be able to walk short distances and be able to get in and out of small aircraft.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: We strongly suggest purchasing trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment at the time you sign up for one of our trips. This coverage will offset cancellation charges in the event of illness before or during your trip. Trip cancellation/interruption and baggage insurance is available at a supplemental cost. Click Here to purchase travel protection.
GRATUITIES: Planet Earth Adventure's tour leaders, staff and drivers and service providers are all paid salaries for their work. They will go out of their way to make your trip special and do not perform their jobs just for money. However, they do accept gratuities should you determine that they performed their jobs at an outstanding level. Gratuities should reflect your satisfaction with their level of service.
CANCELLATION POLICY: We consider the deposit non-refundable at the time of reservation; however, Planet Earth Adventures will try to be flexible in the event of a cancellation. Cancellation with less than 90 days prior to the flight and the deposit is completely non-refundable. Cancellation with less than 72 hours prior to the flight and 100% of the flight will be billed. A MasterCard or Visa is required to make your reservation online. Your card will be charged when you book your trip. We require at least 90-day notice for cancellations. Wildlife sighting is not guaranteed.
2017 Tour Cost & Times
TOUR DATES: Departures from Anchorage Whittier or Seward
DEPARTURE TIMES: Please Call Us
TOUR COST: $1,900 per person.
A MasterCard or Visa is required to make your reservation online. Your card will be charged when you book your trip. We require at least 48 hours notice for cancellations otherwise a cancellation fee of 50% may be charged. No-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will not be eligible for a refund.
Late arrivals that miss the departure will be considered a No-Show.