Arctic Circle Tour
On this tour you will travel from Fairbanks to Coldfoot, north of the Arctic Circle in the Brooks Mountain Range. We will drive the Dalton Highway made famous by the show, Ice Road Truckers. We will cross the Arctic Circle and celebrate and take photos at the Arctic Circle sign. We will explore the arctic tundra, marvel at the mighty Yukon River, view the remarkable Alaska Pipeline and weather permitting, the northern lights. You will ride in a comfortable tour van. We will provide you with complimentary drinks and snacks.
Itinerary for this tour
Depart Fairbanks* early morning. Along the way, we will stop at the Alyeska Pipeline interpretive site and learn about the history of the pipeline. On our way north we travel the rugged Dalton Highway made famous by the construction of the Trans Alaska Pipeline. Experience the mighty Yukon River. Marvel at the majestic beauty of the northland's most famous waterway and learn of the river's storied past. Cross the Arctic Circle and receive an official Arctic Circle Adventure Certificate. This is an overnight tour (2-days)
- 6:30 am Depart Fairbanks on guided ground tour. We will make stops along the way. Please note: wayside restroom facilities is what is available.
- 11:30 am Arrive at the Yukon River Bridge. We will spend some time here for photos, restroom break and lunch. Sack lunch will be provided.
- 1:00pm Arctic Circle. Wayside restroom facilities are available here.
- 4:00pm Arrive in Coldfoot. Restroom facilities available. Dinner on your own. Overnight at Coldfoot Camp.
- Tonight We will scan the skies for the northern lights (optional)
- 9:00 am Depart Coldfoot
- 4:00 pm Arrive in Fairbanks
* During the Yukon Quest, if this option is added we depart from Central, AK. Arrival time into Coldfoot may be different than what is shown here. Participants on this tour need to be aware of the challenges of the northern climate. Weather can affect our plans and route. This tour is subject to weather conditions. If we feel that the weather is not favorable for travel, we reserve the right to cancel this option.
2018 Tour Cost
TOUR DATE: WINTER ONLY ON SELECTED DATES - PLEASE CALL FOR DATES AND AVAILABILITY
TOUR COST: $925 per person. Double Occupancy.
CANCELLATION POLICY: A MasterCard or Visa is required to make your reservation online. Your card will be charged when you book your trip. We require at least 90 days notice for cancellations otherwise a cancellation fee of 50% may be charged. No-shows or cancellations with less than 72 hours notice will not be eligible for a refund. Late arrivals that miss the departure will be considered a no-show.
WINTER GEAR RENTAL: Anyone visiting Alaska in the winter time should bring a warm hat, gloves, neck scarf, and a heavy coat. Layering is the best way to keep warm in Alaska. A light weight thermal with a fleece and a loose fitting jacket is recommended. Please refer to our "What to Wear Winter Guide" by clicking the link below. In Anchorage, 6th Avenue Outfitters rents insulated snow type pants, parkas with hoods, and boots. We do not guarantee availability or sizing. There are no reservations on garments and it is first come-first serve. Please call 6th Avenue Outfitters for availability.