Denali Climbing Expedition Support
Welcome to Alaska, and Welcome to Planet Earth Adventures!
Are you climbing Denali? If so, then your trip to the Alaska Range begins right here in Anchorage. Planet Earth Adventures is based in Anchorage, AK, and we provide first class Denali expeditions ground transportation and logistic support to climbing groups or individuals. This may simply mean getting your expedition to Talkeetna from where you can launch your climb to the summit. To ensure your success, all Denali expedition logistics are organized with close attention to detail.
Our logistic support includes a wide array of services such as large private vans to transport passengers & climbing gear between Anchorage and Talkeetna, hotel bookings, Iridium satellite phone equipment rental, package handling and much more. Picking the right expedition support makes a difference and we know what an expedition needs to succeed!
Expedition support services that we offer:
- Round Trip Private ground transportation between Anchorage and Talkeetna.
- Pick-up or Drop-off at the Ted Stevens International Airport & Anchorage Area.
- Iridium Satellite phone rental service.
- Package Handling* (if you choose to ship your equipment or order items to Alaska)
- Time to shop in Anchorage for last minute gear, food or other supplies.
- Assistance with booking local accommodations (Anchorage or Talkeetna)
We can also help you with locating additional information and other resources. *Package handling restrictions apply. Please Inquire before shipping your items.
2017 Denali Expeditions Transportation Costs
Talkeetna is a two-hour drive from Anchorage. We can arrange a transfer from Anchorage to Talkeetna and back. Return trips to Anchorage from Talkeetna depart at 5pm. Prices shown below are per person. Prices are guaranteed at the time of booking and we do not have a fuel surcharge.
One Way or Round Trip shuttle service between Anchorage - Talkeetna:
- 1 climber - $299 one way or $499 round trip
- 2 climbers - $160 one way or $290 round trip
- 3 climbers - $120 one way or $220 round trip
- 4 or more climbers - $85 one way or $150 round trip
Reservations & Deposit
A $100 non-refundable deposit per person is required at the time of reservation. A deposit reserves your space in our vehicle for your selected date. A credit card number must be provided at the time of booking. The deposit is non-refundable. All expeditions teams that are paying for round-trip transport must return together from Talkeetna at the same time. If the team splits up, your team must be able to return on one of our scheduled group pick-ups or be flexible and join one of our other scheduled pick-ups. If we have to make an extra trip, additional charges will apply.
A MasterCard or VISA or AMEX is required to make your reservation. Your card will be charged for the deposit when you book your trip. We require at least 30 days notice for cancellations otherwise your deposit will be forfeited. No-shows or cancellations with less than 30 days notice will not be eligible for a refund.
Late arrivals that miss the departure will be considered a no-show.
Climber Resource Links
Below are some links to resources we feel you'll find interesting and useful in preparing for your expedition. If you have specific questions or need other resources, please call us so that we can help you.
Satellite Phone Rentals
- Iridium Satellite Phone Rentals (907) 717-9666
- Exposure Alaska - Food for your expedition packaged up and ready to go to the mountain. Mountain tested recipes, logistics support, climbing tips and more since 2002.
Air Taxi Services to Base Camp
- Talkeetna Air Taxi - Since 1999, Talkeetna Air Taxi has flown over 1,000 climbers per year into the Alaska Range. (907) 733-2218
- Sheldon Air Service, LLC - Since 1932, the Sheldon family has been landing on Denali as well as other peaks & glaciers. (907) 733-2321
Outdoor Gear Retailers
- R.E.I. - Recreational Equipment Inc. is located in Anchorage and it is a great source for outdoor products & gear (907) 272-4561
- Alaska Mountaineering & Hiking - Located in Anchorage, AMH specializes in high quality gear for all kinds of Alaskan adventures (907) 272-1811
General Mountaneering Information
- Talkeetna Ranger Station - Your expedition must register with the National Park Service, and must schedule an orientation appointment. For more information, contact the Talkeetna Ranger Station located in Talkeetna Alaska (907) 733-2231
- Mt. McKinley Weather Forecast - Dedicated mountain weather forecasts for climbers and mountaineers, provided for up to 5 different elevations.
- Current Weather Conditions & Current Climbing Activity - Denali information provided by the National Park Service.
- Mountaineering in Denali National Park - The booklet "Mountaineering in Denali National Park and Preserve" was written by National Park staff and medical advisors to help prepare climbers.